If you have children that just struggle to sit still, you’ll need plenty to keep them occupied and enjoying themselves. If you are a family that enjoys sports and being outdoors, your options are practically endless. With all of the activities you can arrange for you and your young ones, there can be endless fun and time to spend together bonding.
Most kids like exercises and sport activities, and it would be very favourable if you have an outdoor range near you that includes fun activities, especially if the location is just right at your doorstep. Even just driving a road legal quad would be enough to encourage your kids to give go karting and quad biking a try. Otherwise, this article will give you plenty of ideas so you can start getting things planned in the diary.
Fun Activities For A Sporty Family
Keeping active and planning fun things to do with the kids are a big part of a healthy family life. Come up with a list of the sporty activities your kids can try. Team building and working with others can also be an important aspect to consider when it comes down to arranging fun things for children. Here are some recommendations to help you start planning:
- Basketball games- take your kids to a local court and get some of their friends involved even. Read up on the basic rules so you know how to direct the game too.
- Rugby and other American football games- kids love ball games and thinking up new inventive ways to keep things fresh and interesting for them goes a long way. From soccer to handball, there’s so much you can do!
- Tennis- if you and your family enjoy a good tennis match, get everyone involved! If it’s too hard for them, have them playing badminton first and then building up to tennis later.
- Volleyball- this can be played in the garden, park or most typically on a sandy beach.
- Ping pong- this activity brings endless fun into a child’s day as you see them laugh and play opponents.
- Swimming games- pool games can be a great idea for enjoying whilst learning an important life skill. If your children are still building up their swimming skills, it can be a good idea to take them on a relaxed trip to the pool where you simply play fun games.
- Bowling- indoor bowling can be fun for both adults and children. It’s a great recreational activity for families and also gives you the chance to explore the arcade after.
- Ice skating- yet another fun family activity where everyone can get involved. Once kids start to build confidence you can incorporate figure skating games to help them improve and keep them challenged.
As you can see there is so much out there for kids and families to enjoy. Now you’re inspired, make sure you get some dates and let your kids know you’ll all be doing something fun together!
Featured image from Unsplash